Photo by Victor J. Blue/Getty Images
The restaurant industry was booming up. A Lot of restaurants were opening up in different places offering exquisite experience & food. However, this was before the pandemic COVID-19.
Post COVID-19 can be drastically different. While it’s still too early to say what the post-COVID-19 scene is going to look like, here is a list of estimated food trends and patterns that might change the industry altogether.
- Crowded restaurants might still be the most popular places but they won’t be the most profited places. Consumers would still be maintaining social distancing and crowds would be a big NO-NO.
- Supporting our previous point, there is a big chance of decline in dine-in and reservations, at least for a year to go.
- Well, some good news after bad ones. A rise in takeaways and deliveries is expected.
- The COVID-19 has changed a lot of things for all, most importantly the financial coefficient. So, Affordability & quality of food matters the most to the consumers now, more than ever.
- Now, As we all are stepping into the era of social distancing, Paperless experience – No menu, No money, No paper bills become the next big necessity.
- Regular employee check-ups and communicating it with our customers will become an important part of our restaurant day-to-day life.
- Cleanliness & Sanitation become the top-most priority now more than ever. We can all expect some changes in the food safety standard regulations with respect to these concerns.
However, it remains to be seen how the restaurant industry will recover from COVID-19 pandemic. The general consensus is that for small, non-chain restaurants to survive, they will have to leverage technology and find creative ways to gain the confidence of guests. In fact, restaurants of all sizes and shapes, who may have been reluctant in the past, are now investing in tech-enabled solutions to evolve, be creative, survive, and thrive in the new world.
Pickyto provides contactless express food ordering solutions and touchless payment experience for restaurants – both dine-in and take-away.
Lets kick-start and grow revenues in the Post COVID world – now!